Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Birthday Bashes – Pink and Green Party

 

The theme for Rylee’s 2nd Birthday Party was Pink and Green…..Well it actually started out as Red and Black ladybugs….It soon turned to Pink and Green Ladybugs……and then finally just to Pink and Green. 

DSC_1688

The Gift Table.  I made the Banner and Painted the letters in her name.  The Thank You bags are just Pink and Green bags from Hobby Lobby with Pink tulle bows.  Inside the bags was a bug catcher and net from the Dollar Tree, a magnifying glass from the Easter Section at WalMart last spring and a swirly pop from WalMart.

DSC_1686

The treat table was sorta squished for the first party.  We didn’t have enough tables and this ended up on a smaller table.  Oh well.  The Pink container on the left held pink and green silverware.  I stuffed tissue paper in first and then added some lime green Easter grass.  The polk-a-dot plates are from hobby lobby.  We had Pink Lemonade with Limes in it and there was also pink and green starbursts (did you know you could buy bags of light pink and yellow and dark pink and green starbursts), pink and green fruities, Jumbo Strawberry marshmallows, and strawberry whopper balls.

DSC_1687 

Again, I made the banner.  They were not perfect as I do not have a cricut and I was out of ink in my printer to print the letters, so I ended up tracing them off of my computer screen.  Oh well, we did what worked for the time being!

DSC_1690

Here is a view of the tables…nothing too fancy.  I made the pom-poms from tissue paper that hung in the corners and in the back I had made some accordian circle things out of scrapbook paper.  I also made this banner the same as the “gifts and treats” banners.

DSC_1693

About 3 weeks prior to her party, our oven broke.  As in the stove still works, but the oven is out of commission.  I was going to use a friends oven to make cupcakes and cake balls, but time got away from us and it didn’t get done.  So to HyVee we went and ordered a Dora the Explorer 2 shaped cupcake cake.  She loved it.  On her family birthday party I had just ordered 2 dozen cupcakes with pink and green frosting.  They threw on some purple dora and boots rings which made Rylees day also!

More Pictures of the actual parties to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment