Monday, February 1, 2010

Back to the Grind!

We had quite the weekend here in our house. Last Wednesday, dear hubby found a great deal on a TV wall mount. $33.00. He ordered it immediately and then came time to find out where to hang the TV. We decided to fill in the "hole" in the wall and hang the TV there. When we moved into this house, it had been remodeled fairly recently (well within the last 1o years). The living room and kitchen used to be completely seperated making for a very small kitchen and small, narrow living room. When they remodeled they took out the dividing wall. They also chose to cut a hole/window into the wall that is between the living room and the stairway. It's purpose was to open up the room a little more and bring in a little more light. To me it was a ledge used to collect junk and I didn't like it. It limited our wall space to 1 wall and was just useless space. So dear hubby chose to fill it in.

All it required was a few 2x4 studs, 2 sheets of sheet rock, tape, mud, and texture.....oh yea, then there is the paint. We decided that since we had to paint that wall, which goes all the way into the kitchen and behind the refridgerator, that we would just paint the entire living room/kitchen.

I took R. to the A's family for the day and then made my stop at the hardware store for some paint. What color did I choose? RED! A while back we painted the main wall of the livingroom a darker brown color. I really had wanted to paint that wall red, but dear hubby refused. Well I finally got my way. I bought a gallon of "Red Head" paint (that is the name of the color). The other walls we painted the same brown color that we had on hand. I LOVE it. The TV mount is suppose to arrive today and we will hang that along with hanging all of the other decor. I am so excited. I think it looks very nice.

And the entire time we were working, R. was off playing with the A's. She loves them and had a wonderful, nap-less day. She was tuckered out and fell asleep during treatments, woke up to eat, and then was back to sleep an hour later. She had a blast though.

And yesterday, we did housework, laundry, dishes, laundry and more laundry. I still have 2 or 3 loads to do. Sad I know. I also worked on R.'s activities for the week, prepared everything and put all new toys out for the first couple of days. Our theme this week is Green.

I was very impressed as I had bought her a stack of flashcards at WalMart that had colors, shapes, numbers and a few other things on them. Well I layed out the blue and green flash card and asked her to hand me the blue one. We talked about blue last week. She picked up the blue one and handed it to me. I put it back down and asked for the green card and she gave me that. I then switched them around and asked again for each card and she immediately handed me the correct card. I was so impressed with how much she has picked up lately. She is "ONE SMART COOKIE" in my opinion....Not biased at all! hahaha.

Well off to do some projects with the little one. Pictures of the living room will come later. Have a great Monday!

1 comment: