Thursday, October 1, 2009

Flu Shots and Yummy Granola Bars

So yesterday Rylee had her first flu shot. Too bad we have to go back to get another one in four weeks since it was her first time getting one. The hubby and I had ours two weeks ago and R. was going to get hers last week but the fever put a minor glitch in the plan. So off it was to the yucky germy clinic to get her shot. We barely got in the room and she saw her normal nurse and burst out crying. The other nurse was like, geez, I haven't even got the needle ready. I told her that it's a mixture of shots, blood draws, and nasal suctions that have happened in the last 6 months that makes her not like nurses. Luckily the crying was short lived and it was off to get icecream.

Now on to today. R. had a rough night last night and was up for like 1.5 hours in the middle of the night. Every once in a while she gets in her mind that this is ok. Well she slept in till 9:00am this morning due to the nice little hour and a half play time at 3am. So we got up and fought through the nebulizer and CPT and then it was time for breakfast. I swear that she is a little piggy. She ate a whole container of yogurt (of course it was the little ones that I mentioned a few days ago), a 8 oz cup of pediasure and an entire granola bar. It just amazes me how much she loves the yogurt and granola bars. And for her to eat the granola bars like such a little woman. She no longer crumbles them on the highchair tray. She nicely bites little pieces off. So cute.

And as for me, I am on about day 3 of the workout. I skipped the second day as we were very busy but I got back on the horse yesterday and did a workout video in the morning while R had her breakfast and then last night I jumped on the elliptical for a while. Today I am thinking I will try and work out during Rylee's nap. They say it takes 28 days for a new thing to become a habit so wish me luck on this one. only 25 more days to go until I actually maybe won't mind working out. On a positive note...my legs were sore today so I can tell it somewhat worked a little.

I am also going to do a little decorating for the season. I spray painted some pumpkins and they are sitting outside waiting to be centerpieces on the island. I also brought up a couple of pumpkin decorations I have collected over the past few years. I need to dig out the window clings and get those up on the windows. I have been in a redecorating mood lately and can't wait to change some things up in our house. I really would like to have a little command/organization center somewhere in the entryway or kitchen so if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Well that was a lot of rambling and if you made it this far, thanks for reading. IT's thrusday today and that means, one more day till the weekend. :) Even though I stay at home all week, I love my sleep in saturdays and my time with my husband on the weekends.

Happy Thursday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I sooo remember the two part flu shots! The poor little thing! I always feel sooo bad for them. Carson gets his flu mist tomorrow and Kamree already had her shot.

    Great job on exercising! I just jumped on the exercise wagon again too! I feel sooo much better!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete